Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Co., is a quality supplier of temperature-controlled supply chain warehouse services. We understand the importance of providing responsive, flexible, and innovative programs that help our customers with their production and distribution needs. Our team is committed to finding efficient and responsive solutions to cold chain problems for the customers we have the privilege to serve. At MFWC…
“It’s not just our reputation; it’s about your brand.”
Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Co. traces its history back to 1915, when F.D. Newell built a warehouse for the De Soto Creamery & Produce Co., and began offering cold storage services to the produce company’s customers. By 1919 its public cold storage operations were doing enough business that the company filed for and was issued Cold Storage Warehouse License #1 by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
In the late 1930’s, the Minneapolis Cold Storage Co. was spun away from the creamery and produce business. In the early 1960’s Franklin D. Newell Jr., formed a subsidiary to the cold storage company and built new warehouses in Southern Minnesota. Meanwhile the city of Minneapolis, wanting to develop green space along the Mississippi River for parks and recreation took the Minneapolis Cold Storage Building in 1978 to redevelop its property on the Nicollet Island. The Newell family unified the remaining warehouses under one corporation and renamed the operation Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Co. The third and fourth generations of the Newell family continue to operate these facilities with pride in the services they provide to customers.
We will excel in supplying value-added service by being responsive to customers’ needs. Our focus will to go beyond the customers’ service requests with knowledgeable assistance and temperature sensitive care for perishable inventories they entrust to us.
• Explore and penetrate new markets while continuing to provide high quality service.
• Keep aware of new and emerging technology and implement those advancements that improve our service.
• Promote a spirit of continuous improvement in all aspects of what we do.
• Look for growth opportunities.
• Monitor, and respond to changing customers’ needs.
• Conduct all of our business affairs ethically.
• Provide an environment that encourages our employees to attain corporate and personal goals.