Like all aspects of the medical industry, food and agriculture can negatively or positively affect the well-being of consumers depending on the quality of product. Foodborne illnesses, low quality nutrition, exposure to pesticides, spoiled food, and much more are all potential factors that we battle at every turn in the food and agriculture industry. As participants in the global food and agriculture industrial complex, Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Company strives to maintain the standards and promote the goals of the Global Food Safety Initiative in the Upper Midwest with our state-of-the-art climate-controlled food storage warehouse facilities.
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is a worldwide network of companies, organizations, and associations dedicated to changing the food industry for the better and to upholding food safety standards for anyone with a role in the industry. The promotion of global food safety is a vital mission because food safety so directly affects communities and households across the world. At MFWC, we strive to add our own efforts to the GFSI cause by maintaining the best practices possible for food storage, inventory record keeping, goods transport monitoring, and the protection of our workers.
Part of the way we work to meet GFSI standards and overall food safety best practices is to continue to provide the best refrigerator, freezer, and dry food warehouse storage facilities possible. To uphold the highest quality of food-grade warehouse storage, we continue to maintain every component of what makes MFWC a trusted provider of climate-controlled industrial storage, including:
- State-of-the-art climate control systems for frozen foods requiring temperatures between 0 ºF and 32 ºF, refrigerated foods requiring temperatures between 32 ºF and 40 ºF, and dry food goods requiring 50% humidity levels and below
- Our partnership with Agility Recovery to eliminate the potential issues and overall product spoiling that could arise with unexpected power losses
- Our partnership with Tallyworks WMS that ensures continued up-to-date, by-the-minute custom reports of inventory during incoming transport, storage, and outgoing transport, including EDI customer interface, RF scanning, and barcode data collection
- Continued recognition by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry as MNSHARP–certified warehouse storage facilities outlined by OSHA’s Safety & Health Achievement Recognition Program
- Working with Fortune 500 companies across the country and local food providers alike to store and ship more than 35,000 truckloads of food products each year to Minnesota communities and communities across the globe.
The GFSI works to protect nutrition and nourishment for us all, and with the support of food industry participants in all locations, we can work together to continue their work and create positive change in agriculture and food production.
To learn more about our work in supporting the Global Food Safety Initiative in the Upper Midwest or to get started in a partnership with MFWC today, contact us at (507) 373-1477.