Franklin D. Newell Jr. Memorial Scholarship
Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Company is sponsoring up to three $1,000 scholarships annually in memory of its founder and past chief executive officer, Franklin D. “Duke” Newell, Jr. To qualify:
- Graduating high school seniors need to have been accepted by an accredited four year college, and / or undergraduates must have completed freshman year. Consideration will also be given to second year students enrolled and working on an Applied Associates of Science, or Associates of Art degree.
- Applying high school students need to have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average through out their high school education. Undergraduate applicants must have 2.75 accumulative grade point average. Previously having been a recipient of this scholarship will not preclude a student from submitting a current application, and being considered for an award.
- Preference will be shown to:
- Family members of current Minnesota Freezer Warehouse
- Students who have a career goal as food scientists, food
laboratory technicians, or in other food / health related
- Students having need of financial assistance.
Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Company
Attn: Margaret Newell
820 East 13th Street P.O. Box 86
Albert Lea, MN 56007-0086
- To fill out an application to be considered for the FD Newell Jr. Memorial Scholarship, click here to download the application.
Past Recipients of the Franklin D. Newell, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
Melissa S. Jacobs