Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Company is sponsoring up to three $1,000 scholarships annually in memory of its founder and past chief executive officer, Franklin D. “Duke” Newell, Jr. To qualify:
- Graduating high school seniors need to have been accepted by an accredited four year college, and / or undergraduates must have completed freshman year. Consideration will also be given to second year students enrolled and working on an Applied Associates of Science, or Associates of Art degree.
- Applying high school students need to have maintained at least a 2.5 grade point average through out their high school education. Undergraduate applicants must have 2.75 accumulative grade point average. Previously having been a recipient of this scholarship will not preclude a student from submitting a current application, and being considered for an award.
- Preference will be shown to:
- Family members of current Minnesota Freezer Warehouse
- Students who have a career goal as food scientists, food
laboratory technicians, or in other food / health related
- Students having need of financial assistance.
Minnesota Freezer Warehouse Company
Attn: Margaret Newell
820 East 13th Street P.O. Box 86
Albert Lea, MN 56007-0086
- To fill out an application to be considered for the FD Newell Jr. Memorial Scholarship, click here to download the application.